Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dinner is Served!

I don't know about you but when I'm eating healthy I tend to feel hungry more often (probably because I'm not stuffing my face all day) ;) Well my husband started his weight loss journey with me this week and this was his biggest complaint coming in "I don't want to be hungry all the time", "I am never full after dinner" etc. Well let me tell you, he didn't have anything to say after dinner last night except for "Dinner was so good and I don't feel hungry, good job babe" LOL! 

Dinner consisted of chicken with mushroom sauce, cauliflower mashed potatoes, and a yummy salad! 




    • CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES
      •                                             INGREDIENTS:
    • ~ 1 large cauliflower, cut into small pieces 
    • ~ 3 garlic cloves, chopped
    • ~ 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth 
    • ~ 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (or green onion)
    • ~ 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)


DIRECTIONS:


  1. ~ Combine cauliflower, garlic and broth in a large saucepan. If the broth does not cover the cauliflower add water to cover.

    ~ Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.

    ~ Drain cauliflower and garlic, reserving 2 tablespoons broth.

    ~ Hand mash, or if you'd rather transfer to a food processor and process 'til smooth, adding broth if necessary to moisten mixture.

    ~ Season with salt and pepper; add chives and parsley and stir. Serve while warm. 



CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE


INGREDIENTS


  • ~ 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
  • ~ 1/2 tsp salt
  • ~ 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • ~ 8 ozs mushrooms (presliced)
  • ~ 1 onion (chopped)
  • ~ 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • ~ 2 cans lower sodium chicken broth (fat-free)
  • ~ 1 tsp fresh thyme (minced)
  •                   

                                                          DIRECTIONS: 

  1. ~ Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. 
  1. ~ Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; 
  1. ~ Add onion, mushrooms, and broth to pan, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked. 
  1. ~ Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 30 seconds.
  1. ~ Remove pan from heat; add thyme and serve. 


I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I did!! Feel free to SHARE the recipe :)! Also, if you haven't tried Marie's Yogurt Dressing, you are missing out!!! We love the ranch! 

Get more recipes and health and fitness motivation at www.facebook.com/SmashingPHITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment