Dinner consisted of chicken with mushroom sauce, cauliflower mashed potatoes, and a yummy salad!
- CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES
- ~ 1 large cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- ~ 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ~ 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- ~ 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (or green onion)
- ~ 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
~ Combine cauliflower, garlic and broth in a large saucepan. If the broth does not cover the cauliflower add water to cover.
~ Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
~ Drain cauliflower and garlic, reserving 2 tablespoons broth.
~ Hand mash, or if you'd rather transfer to a food processor and process 'til smooth, adding broth if necessary to moisten mixture.
~ Season with salt and pepper; add chives and parsley and stir. Serve while warm.
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- ~ 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ~ 1/2 tsp salt
- ~ 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- ~ 8 ozs mushrooms (presliced)
- ~ 1 onion (chopped)
- ~ 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ~ 2 cans lower sodium chicken broth (fat-free)
- ~ 1 tsp fresh thyme (minced)
- ~ Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- ~ Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan;
- ~ Add onion, mushrooms, and broth to pan, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked.
- ~ Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 30 seconds.
- ~ Remove pan from heat; add thyme and serve.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I did!! Feel free to SHARE the recipe :)! Also, if you haven't tried Marie's Yogurt Dressing, you are missing out!!! We love the ranch!
Get more recipes and health and fitness motivation at www.facebook.com/SmashingPHITNESS