Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do you drink energy drinks? If so, read this!

A few questions to get started... Do you drink energy drinks? If not, I bet you know AT LEAST one person that does. How about Shakeology, do you drink Shakeology or know someone that does? I bet your answers are very different for these two questions. I know for me personally, I see on a daily basis either someone buying an energy drink or supplement in the store or posting a picture of them online with the caption "what gets me through the day". Shakeology on the other hand, some people may have heard of it (most probably haven't) but I doubt you know many, if any, that drink it every day or even know what it is. Well we are going to go over some risks and benefits as well as cost for both and then you can be the judge! 



Energy drinks contain a higher percentage of caffeine as compared to other caffeine sources like tea and coffee. They even contain more caffeine than most other soft drinks. Heavy intake of caffeine is scientifically proven to be very harmful to the human body, leading to many short-term as well as long-term side effects. Some of the side effects of energy drinks secondary to caffeine are: Insomnia, high blood pressure, Osteoporosis, infertility, heart diseases, ulcers, irritability  nervousness, increased urination, irregular heartbeats or even "just" an upset stomach. 


For parents that allow their teens and adolescents to drink "liquid caffeine", you need to know that these could pose a serious  health risk! Kids who are most at risk are those who regularly consume energy drinks or gulp down a large amount in a short span of time. Children also might have trouble falling asleep or experience tremors, anxiety, agitation, heart palpitations, nausea or vomiting and even more serious, rapid heart rate or seizures. Now I don't know about you but I do not want to risk my children's health or anyone I know for that matter for something that might "give them energy". 
 


Now on the flip side of this is Shakeology. I hear all the time, I would love to try or drink Shakeology but I just can't afford it, it's too expensive, I don't know if it's safe, and the list goes ON and ON. Well did you know that Shakeology is a CLINICALLY PROVEN daily dose of dense nutrition? It contains more than 70 super foods, is low in sugar, is not genetically modified, and has NO artificial flavorings, fillers, dyes, etc. It also has more than five plates of veggies all in just one shake. Did I mention it also replaces your daily multi-vitamin, gives you energy (because it's correcting your vitamin deficiencies) and it also helps curve your junk food cravings! Now this sounds like something I would want for myself, my children, and anyone I know because it is doing good for my body and not harm!

I've also heard, well I'm already drinking a protein shake daily, to which my response is why, are you protein deficit? You don't need to drink a "protein" shake daily and Shakeology certainly is NOT a protein shake. However, it does have protein in it that comes from natural sources such as Chia, Quinoa, Flax, Amaranth, and Pea.   


As far as price goes, your normal energy drink can cost anywhere from $3.00-$6.00 per drink. So, you're actually paying to cause your body harm, ekkkk, that's scary to think about!!! OR you could pay $3.00-$4.00 for Shakeology a day and you're putting so many superfoods into your body, you feel better and look better too ;) 

I leave you with the two charts below and then you be the judge. Which would you prefer?! For me, I want to be around to see my children grow up, I want to be around to see my grandchildren and great grandchildren and keep my body as healthy as I can by preventing diseases and added health concerns.  

I couldn't believe the amount of sugar in each drink!!! 


Shakeology



No comments:

Post a Comment